Sunday, 9 February 2014

Struggles with the first assignment

This week we learned about the tower of Hanoi (or tower of Anne Hoy). It was an interesting "puzzle" sort of concept involving moving stacks of different size cheese (funny how we still speak of cheese even when programming). I didn't have much trouble understanding the whole concept behind how to solve getting the stack from one stool to another, even with the use of recursion.

Funny enough, assignment 1 turns out to mainly be about the Tower of Anne Hoy problem. You'd think then the assignment should be easy to get going and not confusing at all. Wrong. For some reason, this assignment felt like it was thrown at us like a big bundle of mess. Sure we're given steps for how to proceed in writing this program, but the number of files given to us as well as how unclear the use of each file and its contents is, makes the whole "getting started" part of the assignment very confusing. Of course, it could just be me. It may just be my fault for not re-reading carefully and analyzing the assignment properly. But I can also say this: I am not the only one who has mentioned they feel like we've been given a pile of junk to fix. I'm just hoping at this point my partner and I can get organized and figure this whole thing out before we run out of time (not to mention we both have a test for another course the day before due date). Still, I think we got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment