Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Recursion

So we've been using recursion more often these days. Although it seemed a little intimidating at first, I think I've got the hang of it now. Scratch that, I confidently believe that I can use recursion to my advantage when coding nowadays. I have the constant practice during labs and exercises to thank for that; especially all the repetition. Till this day, I still use the mental approach that recursion is like a process where we have to infiltrate the deepest layer/level of the item we're recursively using and retrieve the "core"; or in more python related words, return the result we're looking for. Again, kinda like "Inception". Or maybe I just have a wild imagination. But to think, when starting this course, I was a worried I wouldn't be able to master recursion in time for this course. Not saying that I "mastered" it because I'm sure there is still much to learn and try out with recursion. I'd like to say that my progress with recursion gives me hope on understanding the more complicated topics that will be presented as we go through the rest of this course. Let's stay positive here shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment